Site Navigation

Jacksonville Family Lawyers
Schedule Your Free Consultation


Northside Jacksonville Child Support Attorneys

child support Attorneys JacksonvilleIn the state of Florida, both parents are legally required to provide financial support to their minor child, until the age of 18, unless the child marries, dies, or becomes an emancipated minor prior to that time.

Regardless of whether you are the mother or the father of the child, you may be responsible for paying some type of child support based on your custody arrangements, depending on your parenting plan and custody agreement. Typically, there is an assumed amount each parent is able to provide, and if one parent has either less physical time, or a greater ability to provide support, they may be required to pay additional support to the state for disbursement to the child’s other parent, and is specifically intended to provide adequately for the child.

Our Northside Jacksonville child support attorneys can help you understand your unique situation and potential obligation. If you are a father seeking rights to a child you did not previously have a relationship with, this is one of the first steps in gaining your rights to custody.

Call Jacksonville Family Law today at (904) 337-4891 for a Free Consultation!

The Purpose of Child Support

child support attorney and father's rights lawyer Jacksonville FLThe purpose of child support payments is to ensure that the child has adequate food, clothing, home, and any other necessities a minor child may have.

Often this is paid by the non-custodial parent, or parent who has more limited custody. Child support is not a payment to the other parent.

It is a payment that is intended to be used for providing the child with the basics that they require in order to have an acceptable level of care.

Child Support Enforcement

child support enforcement attorney Jacksonville, FLIt is important to note that the custodial parent cannot waive payment of child support. Even if the other parent tells you that you do not need to pay for a particular period, you will still be legally required to pay, unless an agreement has been filed with the court system.

This would typically be a factor when the non-custodial parent is paying for other child-related expenses such as day care, health insurance, medical expenses, or otherwise.

If no agreement has been filed with the court, it is important that you continue to make your scheduled child support payments to avoid negative consequences including possible legal action against you.

Let’s Talk- Free Child Support Consultation

Northside Jacksonville Child Support Attorneys Grig Logo H1 br 300x105At Grigaltchik & Galustov, we are experienced Family Lawyers who represent clients that are seeking child support from the other parent, as well as those who have been ordered to pay support. We work to ensure that you are receive the full amount owed to you for care of your child, or to ensure that you are not overpaying in relation to Florida law and your current monthly income. We analyze each case fully so that we can make the best possible recommendation for your particular case.

If you need assistance with either obtaining or reviewing your child support, our Northside Jacksonville child support attorneys are here for you.

Call Jacksonville Family Law today at (904) 337-4891 for a Free Consultation!